After months safely off-site, being restored in Heritage Project Contracts workshops, the four historic masts that flank the building were refixed in July, as the external walls and landscaping works were underway. Their upper brackets are to be re-used for lighting the facades.
The new blocks southern facades are complete with their fixed brise-soleil, but still awaiting their linear benches along the base of their facades.
The Sports Block has become the Sports Centre, with its signage completed and ready for community use.
Inside the Sports Hall the final fit-out of the viewing gallery and the hall’s sports equipment is complete, with the floor still protected.
In the Dining hall the high level services are completed and being commissioned, and the last finishes are being completed.
Outside the Portuguese granite paving of the Civic Square’s initial extent, which forms the route to the main entrance, is being laid and the Houlton School signage is installed over the main entrance canopy.
The most prominent aspect of reinstatement to C Station’s exterior ...Read more
A significant challenge to overcome in the conversion of C ...Read more
After a few weeks of communicating with the site team ...Read more
After a long period of dealing with all site issues ...Read more
Whilst lockdown is in place, we and Morgan Sindall are ...Read more
The Main Contract Works to build Houlton School have started, ...Read more
The last elements of the Enabling Works are now almost ...Read more
The southern screen wall and the old boiler room wall ...Read more
Coming back to see how the removal works have gone, ...Read more
In the former Transmission Hall the walls and soffits are ...Read more
The 1936 north wall of the link block extension revealed ...Read more
The new Main Entrance – demolition of the link block ...Read more
What a difference a fortnight makes – the western elevation ...Read more
First site visit, on a sunny day, with pristine Collins ...Read more