The new Main Entrance – demolition of the link block taking place, to create space for the School main entrance and reception, between Power Hall (on the left) and Transmission Block (on the right), with the exception of the two screen walls that will define the school’s inner courtyards.
Delighted to see how the masons are proving that they can reclaim the historic Buckley Junction and Jacobean facing bricks that have arisen from the link block demolition, despite the hard mortar, for use in repairing C Station’s principal facades.
The heavy work of lead paint and plaster removal ongoing in the Valve Hall using the Quill machines, in preparation for the internal wall insulation and safe paint finishes, and removal of the engine bases from the Power Hall floor.
The most prominent aspect of reinstatement to C Station’s exterior ...Read more
A significant challenge to overcome in the conversion of C ...Read more
After a few weeks of communicating with the site team ...Read more
After a long period of dealing with all site issues ...Read more
Whilst lockdown is in place, we and Morgan Sindall are ...Read more
The Main Contract Works to build Houlton School have started, ...Read more
The last elements of the Enabling Works are now almost ...Read more
The southern screen wall and the old boiler room wall ...Read more
Coming back to see how the removal works have gone, ...Read more
In the former Transmission Hall the walls and soffits are ...Read more
The 1936 north wall of the link block extension revealed ...Read more
The new Main Entrance – demolition of the link block ...Read more
What a difference a fortnight makes – the western elevation ...Read more
First site visit, on a sunny day, with pristine Collins ...Read more