The 1936 north wall of the link block extension revealed by the demolition works. The cills of the central windows will be removed to form an open screen wall, defining the courtyard at the centre of the historic buildings, and leading into the main playground around the retained Water Tower.
The necessary alterations to the historic brickwork, including lowering the cills and adaption of the walls stubs to form buttresses to the screen wall, and opening up the former porthole windows in the Power Hall Gallery (upper left) will be carried out by heritage masons in the main works.
The most prominent aspect of reinstatement to C Station’s exterior ...Read more
A significant challenge to overcome in the conversion of C ...Read more
After a few weeks of communicating with the site team ...Read more
After a long period of dealing with all site issues ...Read more
Whilst lockdown is in place, we and Morgan Sindall are ...Read more
The Main Contract Works to build Houlton School have started, ...Read more
The last elements of the Enabling Works are now almost ...Read more
The southern screen wall and the old boiler room wall ...Read more
Coming back to see how the removal works have gone, ...Read more
In the former Transmission Hall the walls and soffits are ...Read more
The 1936 north wall of the link block extension revealed ...Read more
The new Main Entrance – demolition of the link block ...Read more
What a difference a fortnight makes – the western elevation ...Read more
First site visit, on a sunny day, with pristine Collins ...Read more